Join the discord

Forum » Unpakke » Scratches - Director's Cut Unpakke scratches.sc error

raulpuro created: 3 Sep, 2014 / 23:18
Hi,

First thank you for your application, well try to explain my problem, The normal version of scratches was translated by a Spanish company but the Director's cut version was not translated, my idea is to use the texts, voices, pictures ... the normal version translated and added to the Director's cut version, then translate the new chapter added in the director's cut version.

Well, i have used your application to extract the files scratches.res both the normal version in Spanish, and the director's cut version and it worked perfectly, this file contains image, video and voice. I have not tried to repackage the file, but I guess there is no problem.

The texts of the game are in the scratches.sc file, but when I try to use your application gives an error "bat heather".

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or that option is not implemented.

Greetings and thanks for your time.
XpoZed created: 7 Sep, 2014 / 06:32
As far as I remember, scratches.sc a LUA file. Open it with notepad and verify if the first three bytes are "LUA" or something. If that's the case, it means it's not a package that Unpakke can unpack, but a compiled LUA script. There are tools that can decompile it (I think LuaDec or something was the name).
raulpuro created: 8 Sep, 2014 / 17:55
XpoZed said...As far as I remember, scratches.sc a LUA file. Open it with notepad and verify if the first three bytes are "LUA" or something. If that's the case, it means it's not a package that Unpakke can unpack, but a compiled LUA script. There are tools that can decompile it (I think LuaDec or something was the name).

hi,

Sorry for late reply, but I've been all afternoon looking for a decompiler. Good memory, scratches.sc is a Lua file compiled.

Well explain some of the process to help anyone who wants to do the same in the future.

scratches.sc normal version is easily decompiled with lua 5.0 "LuaDec".

scratches.sc the director's cut version uses Lua 5.1 and is more complicated, "LuaDec" does not work with this file, there is an improved version of "LuaDec" for version 5.1 but does not work with scratches.sc file, I found a java application called "unluac.jar" with this application decompiled the file without problems but can not compile, it is not necessary to make the decompiled in the root directory of the game and rename decompiled file as scratches.sc and works properly.

Thank you very much for your help.

P.D. If you have time i can propose a complicated challenge with Mad Engine of Microprose.
© nullsecurity.org 2011-2024 | legal | terms & rules | contacts